The 37th Edition of World AI Show Addressed the Necessity of Boosting AI Adoption in Malaysia
On 13 July 2022, Malaysia played host to a virtual conference
with a wealth of AI, and future-tech related discussions. Trescon,
the event's host, brought together more than 250 online
participants, including important players in Malaysia's AI
ecosystem like government officials, leading AI specialists, and
solution vendors. Leading players in AI & Data space like
Dataiku | Strateq, Denodo, Alteryx, TigerGraph, ServiceNow,
ManageEngine and Snowflake gathered at the virtual conference to
examine the prospects for AI in Malaysia.
The event focused on key topics such as:
- Leveraging digital transformation through Malaysia's AI national
- AI & RPA: Accelerating the pace of digital transformation
- The democratization of analytics; transforming business with
- How data virtualization accelerates machine learning and AI
- Leveraging intelligent automation: the role of AI and automation
- Analyzing the growth of conversational AI in a post-Covid world
and much more.
The event featured a ground-breaking alliance between specialists
- Ms. Sofia Paes - Data Policy Advisor, Ministry of Economic
Affairs and Communications of Estonia, Estonia
- Mr. Navin Sinnathamby - Head, AgTech, Sectorial Pilots &
DroneTech, Ecosystem Development Division, Malaysia Digital Economy
Corporation Sdn. Bhd (MDEC)
- Ms. Judy Nam - Principal Solutions Engineer Director, Dataiku
- Mr. Alexandre Hubert - RVP, Sales SEA, Dataiku
- Ms. Katrina Briedis - Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Denodo,
- Mr. Teo Hong Sen - Solutions Engineer, Alteryx, Singapore
- Mr. Pranay Roy - Solution Engineering Manager APJ, TigerGraph
- Mr. Nilesh Timbadia - Chief Information Officer, The Port of
Tanjung Pelepas (PTP), Malaysia
- Mr. Badril Abu Bakar - Deputy Director, Malaysian Agricultural
Research and Development Institute (MARDI)
- Dr. Waqas Khalid Obeidy - Chief Innovation Officer, TheLorry,
- Dr. Sasa Arvoski - Program Director AI & Robotics, Associate
Professor, Raffles University, Malaysia
- Mr. Fawzi Bessaih - Head of Data Science, Airasia Singapore; to
name a few.
The show kicked off with an opening keynote by Datuk Dr. Mohd Nor
Azman Hassan, Deputy Secretary General Technology Development,
Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation where he shared his
insights on, "Leveraging Digital Transformation through Malaysia's
AI National Strategy."
Judy Nam, Principal Solutions Engineer Director, Dataiku spoke at
length of "Defining a Successful AI Project: A Framework for
Choosing the Right AI Use Case." She was quoted saying, "Data needs
to be relevant complete, high quality have sufficient number of
records compliant and be timely."
While speaking about "The Democratization of Analytics," Teo Hong
Sen, Solutions Engineer, Alteryx mentioned that, "Companies are
investing significantly in digital transactions, 99% in big data
and 24% in AI shows reports in big data drivers."
The event also witnessed a panel discussion on the topic
'Accelerate Innovation using AI/ML, Cloud and Data Analytics' that
was moderated by Nadiah Hanim Abdul Latif.
"Since AI brings up a wide range of possibilities, finding the
correct business context for it is critical to achieving success.
Innovations like artificial intelligence, however, must be
contextualized and integrated into a business use case," says
Mithun Shetty, CEO of Trescon.
The show was hosted on the virtual events platform Vmeets which
helped the participants to network and conduct business in an
interactive and immersive virtual environment. Participants were
also able to engage with speakers in Q&A sessions and network
with solution providers in virtual exhibition booths, private
consultation rooms and private networking rooms.
World AI Show Malaysia was officially Supported by Malaysia Digital
Economy Corporation (MDEC), & officially sponsored by:
- Lead Sponsor - Dataiku & Strateq;
- Gold Sponsors - Denodo, Alteryx, ServiceNow & TigerGraph;
- Silver Sponsor - ManageEngine
- Bronze Sponsor - Snowflake
About World AI Show
World AI Show is a thought-leadership-driven, business-focused,
global series of events taking place in strategic locations across
It fuses top AI experts, enterprises, government representatives,
data scientists, technology leaders, startups, investors,
researchers, academicians, and global AI innovators - to discuss
the latest challenges for the sector arising out of the pandemic
Trescon is a global business events and consulting firm that
provide a wide range of business services to a diversified client
base that includes corporations, governments, and individuals.
Trescon is specialized in producing highly focused B2B events that
connect businesses with opportunities through conferences,
roadshows, expos, demand generation, investor connect, and
For further details, please contact:
PR, Media & Corporate Communications, Trescon
+919555915156 | email@example.com
Copyright 2022 JCN Newswire . All rights reserved.